World Book Day
Take one poem 8th March 2019
World Book Day Poster 2019
There are lots of exciting events happening at school during the week of World Book Day and we wanted to let you know about them in advance.
- On Monday morning there will be a whole school assembly to launch book week and each class will be given an AA Milne poem to focus on during the week;
- Each class will create a hoop, to be hung in the hall, which will relate to a book they have read together;
- There is a visiting author in KS1;
- On Friday, in assembly, each class will present the work they have done on their AA Milne poem;
- Each child will be bringing home a £1 voucher which can be exchanged in any participating bookshop or supermarket;
- We also plan to hold a ‘book swap’ in the school hall on Friday morning. For this to work we would ask each child to bring in a book that they have finished/loved/have two of or won’t read again so that it can be swapped for another book bought in by a similarly aged child.
There is more information on the World Book Day website.
Chip comes in to read with the children once a week.
Here he is on World Book Day catching up on some reading by himself!